Staying calm and being organised in the morning will help you all feel positive about the day ahead and being calm and organised in the evening leads to a calmer bed time routine for a good nights sleep.
1) Prepare a weekly or daily planner for the family or each individual so events don't get missed and items not forgotten eg library or sport day, excursions.
2) Prepare uniform and school bag the night before. Involve student in the preparation.
3) Set an alarm that enables enough time for a stress free morning.
4) Healthy nutritious breakfast. Fuel for effective learning.
5) Healthy snack after school
6) Minimise extra curricular activities as appropriate for their age. One activity per week is enough for a kindy/year 1 child.
7) Reading, home work, study
8) Set dinner time
9) Schedule in home chores as appropriate for age
10) Bed time/sleep routine as per visual below - Adapted for age.
Remember things don't always go to plan. So if need be change the plan or try again tomorrow!!